Pursuant to 42 CFR 483.10 (8)(iii)(g) Examination of Survey Results
Survey Results. According to 42 CFR 483.10(8)(iii)(g). the resident has the right to—
(1) Examine the results of the most recent survey of the facility conducted by Federal or State surveyors and any plan of correction in effect with respect to the facility. The facility must make the results available for examination in a place readily accessible to residents, and must post a notice of their availability; and
(2) Receive information from agencies acting as client advocates and be afforded the opportunity to contact these agencies.
Nursing Home residents or legal representatives can perform an examination of survey results for the nursing home. Medicare and Medicaid conduct an annual survey of nursing homes to see if they are in compliance with state and federal regulations pertaining to the care and treatment of residents. Nursing home surveys are also available through the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Elder Abuse and Neglect Issues Found in Surverys
Abuse and neglect of the elderly and vulnerable in nursing homes and other facilities occurs in many forms. Kenneth LaBore is a top-rated attorney who has over twenty-five years of experience with dealing with the complex legal and medical issues often present in nursing home and abuse cases and can assist your loved ones with holding the wrongdoers accountable.
- Bed Sores / Pressure Ulcers
- Fall injury / Injuries
- Medication Errors
- Dehydration / Malnutrition
- Physical Abuse
- Infectious Disease
- Sexual Abuse
- Wandering & Elopement
- Burn Injuries
- Choking & Asphyxiation
- Breathing Tube Care
- Urinary Infections & Sepsis
- Patient Lift Injuries and Other Improper Use of Medical Equipment
- Wrongful Death
Please contact Attorney Kenneth LaBore with any questions you may have at 612-743-9048. KLaBore@MNnursinghomeneglect.com