Choosing the Right Nursing Home
When selecting a nursing home or other long term care facility, consult additional resources to make an informed choice. The following are resources available to view various pieces of information by provider; by consumer priorities; by health care condition; and by local agency:
Resources for Choosing a Facility or Provider:
· “Nursing Home Compare” – http://www.medicare.gov/NHCompare (provides comprehensive data on each nursing home; operated by the federal government)
· “Nursing Home Selection”- http://www.health.state.mn.us/nhreportcard/ (searches for nursing homes based on the criteria most important to consumer; website co-sponsored by Minnesota’s DHS and MDH departments)
· Minnesota Help Info – http://longtermcarechoices.minnesotahelp.info/ (guides user through a process of selecting a long term care option based on various factors)
· Minnesota Health Scores – http://www.mnhealthscores.org/?p=home (allows a search based on medical condition)
· Long Term Care Living (Consumer information on nursing home and assisted living providers) – http://www.longtermcareliving.com/
This website is not to provide legal advice as each situation is different and specific factual information must be obtained before an attorney is able to assess the legal questions relevant to your situation. In addition to providing related information this blog may also be considered an advertisement for legal services.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or abuse in a nursing home or other care facility that serves the elderly in Minnesota , please contact our firm for a free consultation and information regarding choosing a facility, the obligations of the facility and your rights as a resident or concerned family member. To contact attorney Kenneth LaBore, directly please send an email to klabore@MNnursinghomeneglect.com, or call Ken at 612-743-9048.